To support teachers who are new to Core Maths in developing specialist knowledge and increase your confidence in teaching the course.
This project will contribute to the wider national effort to support teachers and leaders to increase the growth in uptake and delivery of Core Maths in schools and colleges, and to embed a culture of Core Maths within school and college maths departments with confidence.
What will you learn?
- apply related pedagogical approaches in your Core Maths teaching
- plan sequences of lessons to promote student understanding, confidence, and progress
- effectively teach some mathematical concepts and processes through contextualised problem-solving
- understand the philosophy of Core Maths, with its approach to maths through contextualised problem-solving
- develop your subject knowledge in these six areas: Contextualised problem solving; Fermi estimation and modelling; Critical analysis; Finance; Pre-release materials; Statistics
- develop your understanding of how online learning and technology can be used to support Core Maths teaching.
Who can apply?
This project is aimed at recent or – in exceptional cases – potential teachers of Core Maths. These may be teachers in post-16 settings whose main subject is maths or whose main subject is not maths.
What is the cost?
This project is fully funded by the Maths Hubs Programme and the AMSP so is free to participating schools/colleges.
All sessions will be held online.
Thursday 18th November (14:30 – 16:30)
Thursday 13th January (14:30- 16:30)
Thursday 10th February (14:30 – 16:30)
Thursday 31st March (14:30 – 16:30)
Thursday 5th May (14:30 – 16:30)
Please register your interest below and we will get back to you!
Register your interest
Update your browser to view this website correctly.Update my browser now
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.