Specialist Knowledge for Teaching Mathematics – Primary Teachers – Number Pathway
This programme is designed to support primary teachers with mathematics subject knowledge and pedagogy, so that they can best understand, teach and support pupils.
What is involved?
The programme is based on five core primary modules:
- Policy and impact on practice
- Number sense
- Additive reasoning
- Multiplicative reasoning
What will you learn?
- Your pupils will demonstrate a positive attitude towards maths, being willing to have a go, persevere, and share their mathematical ideas
- Your pupils will be able to explain their maths and their mathematical thinking using appropriate language
- You will review your practice as a result of the sessions and make practice-specific adaptations to impact on pupil outcomes
- You will enhance your maths subject knowledge with an emphasis on the key structures in each mathematical area covered
You will have the opportunity to explore concepts and look at sequences of learning mathematics, including an emphasis on precise language, structures and representations.
Who can take part?
This programme is designed for teachers who would like to further develop their specialist knowledge for teaching maths. It will be particularly relevant for teachers that have moved phases or teachers that have not received maths-specific training.
What is the cost?
The SKTM Primary Teachers Programme project is fully funded by the Maths Hubs Programme so is free to participating schools.
If you are interested in taking part from September 2022, please register your interest below.
Register your interest
Update your browser to view this website correctly.Update my browser now
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.