Develop mathematical subject knowledge and understand the pedagogy that underpins the teaching of it.
This project is designed to support secondary early career teachers (teachers in their first two years of teaching) in developing specialist knowledge for teaching mathematics (relating to number), drawing in associated pedagogy, and including lesson analysis and lesson design, thus enabling them to understand, teach and support students in maths in the classroom.
What will you learn?
- plan and teach a carefully sequenced and coherent area of maths
- appreciate the key ideas underpinning the area of maths being taught
- understand key principles and approaches associated with teaching for mastery
- understand approaches to assess students’ prior learning, so that learning sequences take this into account
- make appropriate use of representations to expose the structure of the maths being taught.
Who can take part?
This programme is designed for secondary early career teachers (those in their first or second year of teaching).
What is the cost?
The SKTM Secondary Early Career Teachers Programme project is fully funded by the Maths Hubs Programme so is free to participating schools.
|Tudor Grange Academy, Solihull|
|Wednesday 1st December 2021|
| Wednesday 26th January 2022|
| Wednesday 23rd March 2022|
| Wednesday 18th May 2022|
| Wednesday 29th June 2022|
For more information about this opportunity, click here.
Register your interest below and we’ll get back to you!
Register your interest
Update your browser to view this website correctly.Update my browser now
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.